February 27 – President Donald Trump and North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un will have a dinner tonight as a part of the Hanoi Summit. Trump and Kim will be on the meeting together with their respective entourage and their interpreter.
A one-on-one talk and a dinner today will mark the start of the two leader’s second conference. The said meeting will happen a day before they meet again to discuss further plans about the hermit nation’s denuclearization.
Even though the venue of the meeting has yet to be announced officially, Vietnamese security has been on high alert throughout the day. Security is tightened and doubled around the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi hotel. A luxury colonial hotel believed to be the venue for the said meeting.
National Broadcaster Vietnam Television sent their crew on the hotel yesterday to make preparations for their live feed. Having the journalist team in the hotel ahead indicates a high probability that dinner will be on the said location.
White House Spokesperson Sarah Sanders said that President Trump’s social dinner with the North Korean Leader Kim would be a somewhat small event. A contrast to the lavish setup that we have witnessed today during Trump’s working lunch meeting with Vietnamese prime minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
The Presidential Crew
Sanders revealed earlier that the venue would be at the Metropole Hotel in Hanoi, which makes truth to the speculation. Sanders also announced the participants at the dinner
- President of the United States of America Donald J. Trump
- United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
- Acting White House Chief of Staff and an Assistant to the president Mick Mulvaney
- Interpreter Lee Yun-Hyang
- Supreme Leader of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea Kim Jong Un
- Vice Chairman of the Worker’s Party of Korea Kim Yong Chol
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ri Yong Ho
- Interpreter Sin Hye Yong