CBD tinctures are not the only CBD products that have gained increased popularity in recent times but they are sure worth the hype that they are getting. Many have observed that tinctures provide the fastest effect in users than all other CBD drops available in the market. If you know nothing about CBD tinctures, this article will help you get up, close and personal.
Seven Important Facts About CBD Tinctures
1. CBD Tinctures are liquid extracts that can be made out of alcohol, oil, vinegar or glycerin. To get CBD tinctures, you need any one of the above-listed substances. Alcohol, however, seems to be the most common substance used in producing CBD tinctures. That being said, you don’t need to worry that using a tincture is the same as drinking alcohol. Once you get your finished product, you will not feel anything from the alcohol when using the tincture.
2. CBD tinctures can’t get you high
Even when alcohol is used to make a CBD tincture, you can’t get high when you use it. CBD tinctures contain very high CBD strains and of course, CBD does not intoxicate the user. While tinctures contain THC strains, they are present in a very low amount and that is why the finished product cannot create a high. The high amount of CBD strains helps to reduce the psychedelic effects and enhances the health benefits of tinctures.
3. They are administered under the tongue
Like most CBD drops, tinctures are taken through the mouth. But you can only put a few drops at a time under your tongue, not on top of your tongue. If possible, when the liquid gets into your mouth, don’t swallow. It takes a longer time to feel the effect of the product when you swallow. Instead, allow it to dissolve under your tongue, so it can travel to the brain faster and begin to work on your system. The whole process takes about 15 minutes.
4. You can’t overdose on tinctures
True, you can’t overdose on tinctures but you need to use it sensibly, especially when you are taking it for therapeutic purposes. It is best to use tinctures in small doses since they are highly concentrated. The good thing about tinctures is that they come with droppers, making it easy for you to control your intake.
5. The best tinctures contain terpenes
Terpenes are one of the medicinal constituents of the cannabis plant and it gives the CBD tincture flavor and aroma. Terpenes are found in other plants and herbs. To boost the medicinal value of a CBD tincture, some manufacturers add terpenes from other plants to their product and some of these CBD tinctures can be found on hempcine.com.
6. High-quality CBD tinctures have Certificate of Analysis (COA) on their label
Since CBD tinctures go into the mouth you need to be sure that you are buying a product that is safe to consume. Certificate of Analysis or COA is an indication of the product’s level of cannabinoid and its overall purity. If this is absent on the label, then you need to be concerned as the manufacturer may be shady.
7. CBD tinctures are usually expensive
CBD tinctures offer numerous benefits and they are very effective. One thing you should know about this product is that it doesn’t come cheap. If you find a very cheap one, then read the label carefully. It probably doesn’t contain terpenes and other ingre
CBD drops offer medicinal value and can help you achieve good health. Tinctures are a great way to take CBD and if you haven’t started using it, you should think of doing so soon. They are easy to find and use.